Papercraft prototype 2

 So, since I last posted, I have changed my prototype/project design. Since seeing more layered papercraft art, I've decided to move in that direction. I wanted to make a card or a poster design, and I was thinking of going in the direction of houseplants since I've tried to keep plants in my life, especially when living in the city more as an adult. Plants are also good models for layering and depth. 

I start with some thumbnails, and move through some stages of design.

I try to finalize layers to add depth in my final draft before moving into vector software where I outline my layers and try to solve some cutting problems. 




Prototype Vector and the layers. (with white blank backing layer)

I then move onto rhino, realize my scale is way off, resize, and save separate files for each image. and then to the laser cutter! 


laser cutting. layers together.


Layers taped together.


In my next model I have a few changes to make. I may experiment with glue or other tapes. I am excited to try new color variants and sizes, as well as possibly experimenting with making light boxes or framing! I also have a few tweaks I have to make to the file as it has some stray curves and errors. I'm excited to use papercraft in the future as it's mostly biodegradable and doesn't use too many extra materials or waste which I always value when practicing art.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mesh Mashup! A tool of tricksters