Objectified Response

    


    During the documentary Objectified by Gary Hustwit I sketched down some notes and quotes of things that spoke to me, things that I thought I valued in a design philosophy. Some of the important insights I gathered were adding interesting touch points or textures, personal values, sustainability, and the idea that every object tells a story. I decides to imbed some of these aspects in my second tinkercad model paper tree frame. 



Paper Tree Frame

    With this design I wanted to make something that is common, but not commonly made out of paper. My model doesn't yet translate to the physical material stage, but it's in my realm of ideas. I decided to make a picture frame, to encapsulate my love for capturing memories and sharing them in a way that preserves their physical presence and brings them to reality, instead of leaving those memories in our ephemeral and abstract minds. My story for this design is rooted in my great collection of mostly outdoor pictures that I lost when my laptop was stolen years ago, I now try to keep physical copies at home, and with those physical copies I can continue to view them with no extra cost, be that energy from seeing them on a screen or physical cost of pulling them out, they can be framed for all to see. I also wanted my frame to be unconventionally ornamental, textured, and physically emerge from the frames conventional boundaries. 



Collections from a Wolf Kid


    I am fond of this type of designed frame. I used to collect wolf figurines, statues, and housewares from the dollar store in my hometown, I gathered a great wealth of wolf memorabilia, but as I grew up, moved around, and donated most of my childhood wares I kept only one: a stone-like wood textured frame with a sculpted family of wolves that decorate the bottom corner of the frame. It breaks from the traditional balanced, symmetrical, and flat frame, to become like a rough, chipped stone tablet bearing a selected image. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mesh Mashup! A tool of tricksters