Mesh Mixer - Refinements

 

    For my Mixer project I decided to move forward with my "Rich Turtle", in our critique sessions I met with a few of my classmates and decided between my Book Burger, Rich Turtle, and skull Basket. I had some good review and support from Inas, Gabriel, and Kaylee, who all found the turtle was a good choice to add more decoration, refine the gold pile, and possibly add some pirates/shipwreck. I chose to go with some pirates but to pass on the ship because it's quite large and busy. I also added some palm trees to give more of that traditional pirates feel. 





    

        My thoughts behind remix culture revolve around cooperation, sharing of knowledge, and inspiration from other people. I really love the aspect of one way collaboration and how it also translates to other forms of art. Whether we like it or not we are inspired by other people and often times trying to be truly unique on your own is a really creatively stifling experience. Remixes compose a large portion of our media! songs are built on old songs that are sampled by older songs. As long as we can take our inspiration in a creative and non nefarious way we can all be successful building together. 
    My post really emulates remix, mashup and read/write culture. I'm taking inspiration from pirate movies and stories, and mashing them into an idea of a living island, which you could point to as being sourced as ideas from moana, pokemon, and cultural stories. For this idea I remixed a turtle and mashed it with a gold pile initially, but from there my classmates helped me see that my idea that might've seemed bland at first was the one with the most potential. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mesh Mashup! A tool of tricksters