Mesh Mashup! A tool of tricksters



During this assignment I was brought to the full realization of how I really like to interpret remix culture. I find myself fascinated by turning an objects function on its head when the form is altered and combined with another object and its perceived function. I really am inspired by humorous situations, puns, oddities, and purposeless situations. It leads to playful daydreaming about what my favourite objects really are and how I can turn their meaning away from itself, and embrace a new feature (or bug!). 
       



 

Cheese Grader
I was originally looking for a cheese grader on thingiverse, when I came across both a block of cheese and a road grader... you can see how this one naturally formed. Get it?



Banan Boat
I was thinking of weird things to put on a boat or possibly use in place of sails... bananas!




Basket o' Skulls
 In making this one I thought of just what oddly cute things I could make, I decided to go somewhere spooky fancy with my piles of skulls. It reminds me of the emo girl from junior high that found her love of all things pink and adorable later in life. 




Heart Mugger
Originally I wanted to do a mug with one of those reveals of a sculpture at the bottom of your drink, but it didn't frame well, so I decided to go further and make a useless (non standable) mug.



Book Burger
I was looking for shapes to put sliced up in my burger. Books managed to be an object that at first glance only looks slightly off as a burger ingredient.




King Fisticuffs
This one I really went weird. I knew I wanted to use my sawhorses I found to hold up something abstract, or unrealistic. This almost looks like an old prop that is sitting in a studio warehouse. 




Hoarder
My gold pile I managed to find needed a home. I tried it with the basket above first but it just didn't click as something that really had a story to tell. I decided to look amongst my library of goods I found on thingiverse, and a gold hoarding turtle found its way out.


    

Birdy Slapper
I love hockey and often I'm inspired by the equipment, I knew I needed this birdy to hold onto something!


 
 

Lemonhead
I wanted to use this deers antlers in a pokey way, almost like some strange centerpiece to a livingroom. The lemons I had to include somewhere because im always inspired by my dog, Lemon. 



Benched
I decided to craft this whimsical scene when I saw the bench, I knew I had to put something quirky and unrealistic.





Comments

Post a Comment